Tuesday, March 15, 2011

relaxing hack out over farm

Last weekend was our Taranaki aniversay weekend so my friends all had a long weekend which means more riding!! great... I had a lesson on friday with jutta and Autumn went really well but it was just so hot so made the lesson even harder than it was, Jutta worked my butt off that day but autumn has improved lots and I am sure so has my riding.
On sunday I went to the taranaki masters equestrian comp, it was such a nice relaxing day no pressure was a great training day and I got the chance to step up a grade and practise a higher level of test to see how Autumn would handle it and she went pretty well, since it wasn't a grading day I thought I may as well give it a go...I got a silver medal for my age group, 35-49yrs...have to say it sure makes you feel a bit old when you say you can compete in the masters!!!!..

Last two days I have been hacking around my friend Sally's parents farm and I think autumn is loving the change from being schooled alot to long rein hacking out, I know I am...tonight Sal and I had a lovely evening ride, it was such a nice time of day to go while the sun was setting, we have to make the most of these days as the winter cold days are looming...

No comments: