Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dressage season over

Its actually been a long season this year for me, the most I have competed in a long time. I got to 4 Championship Dressage shows and 4 local ones, Autumn has upgraded now to level 2 and hopfully will start to train at level 3 within the next couple months, still got a few issues to sort out with forwardness and keeping her head steady but she is getting there which is awesome. Autumn has been such a great horse this year and I have been placed at all the shows I went to except 1 which was s disaster from start to finish, as in the weather, gale force winds and show jumping right next to arenas, not a good mix for a horse who has never really jumped before.
yesterday was our last of the spring/summer/autumn sereis before our prize giving and I was the convenor, have to say that was not the easist of jobs but it did come together on the day just a few long night organising the draw and wrtiters for the judges, plus a long day at the event. I rode and was 2nd in one class and then not so great in another although autumn went really and we had 2 judges and one placed me 3rd and the other pretty much last, i took that one with a grain of salt as the judge who placed me 3rd was sitting at C and a higher level judge then the other person, but you get that sometimes, and the gin and tonic i had went down a treat at the end of the day...Rock on the winter series!!...

No comments: