Monday, May 11, 2009

A winning end to season



Photo on the right is Katie before her race then one on left is when she won, my fatherinlaw having the winners photo taken.
Well we have reached the end of the season for katie she is finally having a well deserved break. Her last race was on April 21st, and she won!!, she actually got 3rd two days prior to this race as well, she really should have won that day as well but I tell you sometimes I do wonder about these race drivers, I had to tell the driver to just go hard she will win and she did!!...


She has gone to relatives over in the Hawkes bay for two months with our other young horse and they will start back their training again in july/aug, depending on the weather and how much rain we get as the track is a bit slushy in the rain and really not much fun.
Now roll on Nov, when my horse is due to foal and I am also going to have a baby, unfortunately we are both due the same week!!! Not sure how I am going to sort that one out...

1 comment:

sally said...

GO Katie ......what a great race. Pity I didn't have money on her.Rock on baby and foal