Thursday, November 17, 2011

Autumns inhand show...how hard was that!!!!

Today I went to the first A & P show of the year at Hawera, the Egmont Show, as per usual Hawera was blowing a gale and was really cold...takes just over an hour to get there from home and all the way I was praying the rain would stay away until I was done....Well it didn't!!!!...to start with they had put us on a sand arena, and the wind just wipped it up and I think I had that sand in every nook and cranny on my body, it was so bad...normally you get quite dolled up but i had to give up on the pretty hat as the wind was just going to take it away every time and I didn't want to wreck it as it was a good friend of mines so it went back into the box....Then add the rain and autumn hated it, kept trying to get her head out of the direction of the rain and nearly knocked me out in the process....
Anyway getting to the inhand classes, Autumn was her usual pushy self and when we had to trot she was like Yipee I can trot really fast, and in that sand trying to keep up without yanking her head off to come back and stay looking like we had control and still look pretty was quite near impossible, but when I did get a quick glimpse around Autumn wasn't the only one being dick and I have never done this before so it was a great learning/training day for both of us...
Didn't end up to bad, got a 2nd and a 1st which put me in champoion and I got reserve so hey not bad, and got a couple of really nice sashes...and I figure the sore legs I have now from so much running, has got to be good for me!!
Autumn hating the rain

Starting the work out

Standing square and actually being quite patient

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey! I saw you there :) I was there with my little brother when you were trying to put your horses bridle on. I competed in the in-hand the next day. (the weather was a lot better)>

Me, baby and horses said...

Yeah she didn't like the chain on the bridle...ended up going ok but was over that weather glad it was better for you.