Friday, November 4, 2011

First show of the spring summer season

Well I have been a bit useless of late and not done any blogging, so much has happened especially to my horse, I have spent the last 10 weeks trying to keep her sound, first what I thought was a pulled tendon turned out to be a blow to her leg so thank goodness that healed then she hooned around the paddock and hurt something in her hind quarters, after nerve blocking and flection tests the vet was still unsure where or what she done at least ruled out anything to do with the stifle or hock, so just more rest and walking...
Anyway finally after all about 9 weeks I got to go to the first big show of the season, the Wellington Dressage champs in Foxton. Its a 4 1/2 hr drive from taranaki and we were well represented by taranaki with 2 champions one reserve and lots of placings amongst the 9 of us that took the trip down.
I managed a 5th, 6th and won an overall prize so not bad for my horse considering she had had no traiaing for that last 8 weeks before hand.
Receiveing my overall prize for back on track


Jordan Renee and I with our prizes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all is (finally) going well - congrats on the prizes!

sally said...

you did great ...hope you have those gorgeous ribbons up on your wall!!!! I look forward to you teaching me a few things over the summer so I can come with you to a dressage day