Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another ugly day

Woke up this morning and thought there was a hint of it being a sunny day but no the clouds have rolled right ina gain and its still really windy. Today is Sunday an I haven't been able to ride my horse since last wed. Went down and fed her earlier and you would never know that she has 4 white socks, she was pretty keen to see me as usual with a bucket of food and some hay. My husband went on a boys weekend (started on wed) a very long weekend, and is home tomorrow I can't wait, my little sweetness(holly) is really a good little girl but mother really wants a bit of time out and go for a ride and clean up my horse, she has mud everywhere.  I have been looking after a friends property while they were off overseas on holiday and yay they are back, so I no longer have to feed out to his 7 horse(2 in foal mares, 3 foals and 2x 2yr olds) and the few cows he has. Was starting to get a bit worried as the mares have really bagged up and I couldn't get the foal alarm to work so was hoping they would hold on till the owners came home. I have actually enjoyed doing it, and he has helped me out lots by me being able to keep my horse there. They are great people and they have said my horse can stay on there for a while so I am really stoked with that. 
Well I had really go do some book work for Waiau while Holly is fast asleep, lets hope tomorow brings us some sunshine.

No comments: