Friday, September 24, 2010

Foals need there feet done

I have to say that, I have not done anything with my foal since his feet were last trimmed 6 weeks ago and I was so pleased with my little fella yesterday. David and I went and caught ur little monsters and led them down the race to the tie up yards. the farrier was nearly 45 mins late so Mr Harris and Mr Grey had to stand and wait for that long and they were so good, I got to give Mr Grey a bit of a brish and he loved me giving him and mane brush. He is nearly a full pony height and he is not quite 11 months old. We did a rough measeurement and looks like he will get to at least 16hh maybe a bit bigger. Anyway the last two times the farriers have been we have given the foals some sedadine its just chills out the foals so that they don't get freaked out by the farrier and because they have not had much done to there feet its better this way then the farrier getting hurt or our foals. Yesterday we didn't give them anything and they were perfect boys for the farrier I was so happy, looks like Mr Grey is going to be a nice horse, next step is to get him gelded, just weather not good enough to get that done yet.

No comments: