Thursday, October 7, 2010

What a great week

I know its only thursday but I have had a great week so far. The sun has been shining all week and its been so lovely, My family has been staying with us since last sunday and so Holly has had a great time getting to know her cousins.  On Monday we went to Urenui beach and it was just beautiful, although its a west caost beach, black sand and all it is still really lovely, there was no wind and the tide was way out so we got to go for a great walk on the beach the kids collected rocks and shells. Holly's first time on the sand, needless to say she did end up trying to eat it...


Tuesday was a day in town at Pukekura park, Brooklands zoo, its just a farm yard zoo but the kids loved it and it was free to enter, I think thats a great thing the council have there, the park is just gorgeous and with great walkways, with beautiful plants trees and shrubs, ponds ducks galore and great kids playgrounds the kids thought it was wonderful. It really is a must see when visiting taranaki.

The best thing for me was I got to ride everyday, had a live in babysitter(mum!!) has been great. My horse is going really well. Have to say since I have taken her off the red clover Hay, I have changed her feed back to Mitavite, and also not giving her any magnesium she has been a different horse. Not sure if its been the combination of the three elements or just one of them but, I think that I could have been giving her too much magnesium. I have weighed out all the food so I am giving her the correct amount of feed for her work rate she is getting at the moment and she is looking really good, has a great shiny coat and no longer spazzing out on me. Wonderful I ahve the horse back that I brought a couple of months ago. Sunday we have a dressage comp, it may not be on yet as its surposed to rain not expecting Autumn to win or anything but am hoping she gets a few good marks...will see on Sunday...



Autumn enjoying the sun, must be great to have no cover on and finally no rain....

1 comment:

sally said...

cool photos .....bet the nappies were gross after the sand eating session