Friday, October 29, 2010

Pleasure of having a horse

The last two days Sally and I have had a couple of really nice hacks out over her parents farm.

Autumn having had a bit of a disasterous weekend has been so good and today she was really relaxed and I am hoping she enjoyed the ride as much as I did. She has been a bit funny since the weekend about her ears and the bridle going on and putting the reins over her head so when we got to gates that needed to be opened I made the effort to get off and put the reins over her ears open the gate then put reins back over her ears again then get on and its been great for her as getting on has been an issue to, she always walks off. I am taking her to a friends place tomorrow as they are going away and looking after her QH and Autumn  is going to have a weeks worth of schooling in her arena. Was going to scratch from a dressage comp in a couple of weeks but now decided I think I will just go. got to get her out and about and me being the competitive person I am can't help myself I just have to get to a competition.
Found out in the weekend that my horses colour is described as a chocolate dun, have to say I had not heard of that before in all the years I have had a horse. learn things every day....

No comments: