Wednesday, October 27, 2010

what a weekend of riding dramas nearly outweighed the fun of riding

Have to say this would have to have been the best weather we have had for quite a while and so lots of riding was done, Saturday went with Sally up big farm road along the gullies was awesome scenery, and the ride itself was really good our two horses go well together. Unfortunately the ride didn't end to well with me, long story short my horse got a fright when we were back at our friends place, Autumn was tied up to the float she pulled back and Sonya has no road gates and my horse was off and down her drive bolting, I just ran afte her as I ahve only had her since July and have to say she cost me ALOT, and I just thought there goes my horse and what kind of vet bill am I going to have or am I still going to have a horse, anyway she is full on in season and there were two stallions up the road and not behind very good fences I might add, anyway she ended up down a neighbouring farms drive and I got her back with not a scratch on her thank goodness...so next day was lovely farm ride and she was great. on the monday as we have a long weekend holiday I took Autumn out to a friends to do some dressage schooling , she went so well and below are some nice photos of her pity about me but have got a few things I need to work on with myself, Sarah videoed me as well and that was great to see what work I need to do to get myself back into a good riding position. But that day ended in just about tragedy, friend thought he would help me get her off the float and he didn't unclip her so she went to come off and was still tied up, panic set in and she pulled and pulled and I was pinned in the float with her going bonkers, the clip broke and sent her flying backwards, thankfully neither of us were hurt but it was something that should have never happned, now autumn is a bit funny around her ears and didn't like me putting the bridle on tonight, I would say I will need some floating training done on her now and I am thinking of sending her to a lady to just help me out and get her confidence back as I am really upset at how it all turned out it should never have happened...She is a real sweet horse who now is a bit scared.... of a few things, I guess she is only 4 so hopefully I can mend the damage thats been done



Boris the pig who I found asleep in the float when I finished riding. My horse loved him and they stood by the fence together with boris at his feet and Autumn licking him!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expect she'll be fine for floating - just act as if nothing has happened and try her - they are very forgiving. Glad neither she nor you was injured - bad injuries can happen if someone forgets to unclip before opening up or clips before closing up. Her neck and poll may be sore for a few days.

sally said...

love the new blue background ....very retro!!!!. Awesome photos and I just love the pig fast asleep with its nose pointing in the direction of that big horse poo.Dont worry bout floating. We will get it sorted

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Hi Natasha, I'm sure with patience you will be able to work her through it. She is a beautiful horse.

Forgive my American ignorance, but what is a "float" as referred to in your post?

Me, baby and horses said...

HI there Bucksins Rule a float is a trailor I guess you would call in America. My fatherinlaws is an angle load and only takes two horses.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

That's what I suspected. And what you refer to as an angle load, we call a slant load (at least here in the West).