Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back in the sulky




The other day I went up and helped out David with the race horses. Its only the second time I have been back in the sulky since I was pregnant. I drove lara(I am in the bright yellow), she is an 8 year old trotter and she is such a sweet horse. Out onto the track we go and only after a few metres I realised that I could so easliy fall out of this sulky, it was Davids old racing sulky from years ago, its wooden and the whole time I felt like I was just going to bounce out of the seat. The morning wasn't the best, the weather was pretty grey and the wind was terrible, felt a bit caotic out there in the blustering wind, with Wit driving Macy singing away to his same Elvis song he sing over and over again and David trying to call out to us to get us to do different things but we couldn't hear because of the wind, Katie(the horse David was driving) was steaming off as soon as anyone got to close she thought she was racing, because I was behind them all I was getting was mouthfuls of dust and grit. You might wonder why I did it that day and did I actually enjoy it well I just had a ball out there, I think I was laughing most of the time because I thought I was going to bounce out of the sulky, it was one of those days when you just thought something is going to happen, but thankfully it didn't and we cut the training short because the wind was so bad.

No comments: