Saturday, January 16, 2010

handling my foal

My colt is now two months old so decided it was time I had better get him in and actually do something with him. Since having had Holly, I have not even touched my foal..my good friends sister was here from Oz and her job was to handle the young ones so she came and helped me. Talk about a right little #@$%, can't blame him really I surpose but boy was he wild. After 3 days though he had been caught, halter put on taught to lead and had a towel flicked all over him and he seemed pretty sweet.
So I was ging away on holiday up to the winterless North (whangarei) and the foal (Olly) wasn't going to have anyhting done to him again for 12 days.

this week I have caught him twice and he was great both times until we decided to lead him back to the paddock and he thought it would be fun to Jump on my shoulders. Luckily I saw it coming and he didn't catch me to much. Am going to have be very assertive with this young fellow.

No comments: