Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a windy day to ride

Well yesterday my husband had a morning of babaysitting and finding out how life is actually at home with Holly while I got to go and have a full morning of horses!!...

Unfortunately it was blowing gale. So up at the stables to my inlaws place ready by 7.30am out on the track back in the sulky. As much as I enjoy this, today was one of those days when I could have passed. it kind of felt like something was going to happen, it didn't but thats just the mood of the horses felt and the wind blowing so hard was terrible, there was dust for miles, I felt like I had a second skin by the time we had finished from all the dust. David put the old wooden racing sulky on my horse and its so light I felt like I was going to bouce off the track and most of the time I was hanging on to not fall out of the seat. But I loved every minute of it.
Then home had quick breaky and out to help my friend Sally with schooling her horse trix. This was only my 4th ride since giving birth and have to say I am feeling it a bit today. Have not done any schooling on a horse for months so didn't take long to get pretty hot and tired but was glad of the work out and to be back on the saddle. Problem is now I want to get out and do it all the time!! bugga.....

1 comment:

sally said...

hahaha had to laugh when I read you had sore legs this morning.Just remember Trix is in the paddock when ever you feel like giving the legs a work out!!!