Sunday, January 24, 2010

my very cheeky colt


Went up this morning to muck around with my colt, thought I had better get back into handling him since he hasn't had much done for over a week or so.


He was a right ole so and so. tried to bite me every chance he got( think thats just a young horse thing anyway) but he is very quick to come up with his front legs if he gets sick of you pulling him around the yard or he just decides that no I don't want to turn this way and I am not going away from my mother!!...

Am going to have be quite hard on him I think, but how far do you go with a young horse as in if they nip do you smack them or will it make them very wary of you so I really have to figure these things out.


he is still cute though......

1 comment:

sally said...

like I said Tash ....once he is gelded he may lose all that coltish behaviour ....well you would hope!!!!