Sunday, January 17, 2010

Must have been a hard night




This Morning the Farrier was coming to give Milly a good ole trim, feel a bit stink really as since I have been pregnant and now had Holly poor Miss Milly has been a bit neglected and bad ole me had totally forgotten to get her feet done. Well they were not looking to great but anyway now they are all nicely trimmed up and I gave her a good brush and tidy up. Going to make a big effort from now on to get her looking back into ship shape. Have to say it took 10mins for the farrier to trim her feet and cost $35, work that out on an hourly rate!!!...We had two mares so $70 in 10 mins work ain't bad...




When I went to catch the horses for there trim my little fella was fast asleep flat out on the grass he didn't even move when I called out to him for a moment I thought oh I hope you are still breathing...Anyway once the farriers got there and started to file there hooves both the little colts were quite interested in what was going on with there mothers was very cute to watch.

1 comment:

sally said...

Yes Tash is day light robbery paying that price. I think I will have to give up teaching and take up hoof trimming. Maybe I'll get richer that way