Saturday, November 6, 2010

Autumn Just doesnt like the float now

Last two days I have spent trying to get my horse to go back on the float after her incident the other weekend with rushing off before she was unclipped at the front and me even getting to her.  So today I got her on twice after 3hours of trying she walked on. I had a friend come and help me and he does lots of this kind of thing and he was a bit stumped as to what to do next. He went to grab a drinkl of water and I took hold of the lead and just walked Autumn up to the float and she walked straight on, I was stoked. Haare said why did you need me you can do it yourself. I think the only difference was I have actually been doing a bit of monty roberts stuff, Join up and I brought a dually halter and the last few days have been schooling her in this and noticed a big difference in her, those halters are amazing. Autumn was a horse with very little ground manners and today I had her standing in the arena and she didn't move, she would have normally just gone, but not today.

Anyway I am going to try tomorrow to put her back into the float that she had her wee incident in and hopefully we will get somewhere with that and hopefully she will be nice a nd quiet about it...fingers crossed.

Yesterday also my little colt became a gelding, have to say I found it quite nerve wracking, but the vet was so good he made me feel pretty much at ease about the whole thing and we were about number 70 in the gelding chops he has done this season so nothing but a days work for the vet. My fatherinlaws colt was done as well and they were both up and eating before we knew it, doesn't seem to bother them to much...so glad its finally done as they were both just starting to get a bit to colty for my liking. Now got to work on my fella to sell. Will be sad as he is a sweety but realisticly I just don't have the time.....

No comments: