Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wake up and smell the roses

You know how the saying goes, well today I decided that I would wake up and smell the roses, I realise that lately I have been quite negative about.... stuff....to be honest about anything, I do have alot on my plate most of the time and I do tend to be burning those candles at both ends alot, and I think my brain and body is tired, but I just need to look around me and realise that life is pretty good and at this moment we have a mining disaster down in the south Island and it really makes you think about those poor guys who may have lost there lives and also what the families are going through right now waiting for news of them.

I decided to grow some balls if I must say and just ask from now on and not bleat about whether I may be putting people out or just plain to scared to ask, and I also need to learn to say no sometimes..

So tonight I did do just that and on Thursday I am going to have another lesson with Vanessa and on Friday I am going to my first dressage comp with Autumn, and I am really looking forward to both days. Autumn is finally over her bad cough and she is getting so much more softer by the day when riding her. So can't wait to have lesson and compete the next day, I am really hoping to get good marks, not worried if I don't win or anything I just want some good percentages, as we have lots to work on but this friday will be a good test as to where we stand amongst the others and how much work I need to do to be competitive.

So here is a photo of one of my rather lovely roses that are out in bloom at the moment, and I just had to post this recent photo of my baby Holly who just loved this little seat...


No comments: