Friday, November 26, 2010

let the show begin.....

I won I won I won...., can't believe it really, but today was my offical first dressage comp on Autumn at the Stratford show and she went reall well, I was just so pleased with everything about autumn today, she floated great, she tied up at the float great and stood there.  the atmosphere was quite high, lots going on around her and she was very cool., It was a hot day today but really windy thank goodness otherwise we would have been roasting in our jackets. But my first test I knew was a good one as it just felt great, still things to work on but we got 75.2%!!!! I was over the moon, and my second test wasn't as good plus we had had to wait for nearly two hours to do it as well but Autumn still behaved well, the lower marks I was given were really justified as they were places in the test that I thought weren't so great either but I still managed a 69%, I am really pleased with my horse as you can imagine and its given a real boost that I needed with my riding, its been sooooo long since I have had a good horse and to go out and be competitive is just great, there were at least 25 people in my classes... Roll on the next one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! Congratulations!

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

I don't know the first thing about Dressage, but I'm guessing that your scores must be good. It's always a good feeling when the hard work pays off. Congratulations!