Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What a start to my dressage season....

I feel that since I have brought my horse everything seems to be against me, firstly I really don't have a permanent home for her so thats my fault for not sorting that before I brought her, then although my husband is pretty good at how much I ride we do tend to clash abit over my riding, he just doesn't get it that I have ridden all my life and its part of me of who I am as a person and that I can ride for pleasure hacking about but I really have to have a goal and compete and I like to do well.

But anyway then we have had a few minor issues along the way but I put that down to getting to know autumn, then we had the float issue which is getting better i might add...I got to my dressage lesson last tuesday with Vanessa and Autumn walked on and off very quietly but I was still a bit nervous about it after being pinned in there with her so had a friend help to take the bar away while I stayed at Autumns head.

Anyway tomorrow was surposed to be my first dressage competition and I am not going Autumn has now got a terrible cough, and since last thursday its only got worse. She has had a course of antibiotics and  now is having some stuff called Haarlem Oil put into her feed. I have just called the vet again and left message for him to call me and see if he thinks he should come out and see her as I feel she is no better at all. I hope she improves as I am entered next fri as well for dressage comp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope she feels better soon. My husband is not horsey, either, but he's learned that horse is right up there in my priority list.